Learn Spanish free
Who are we
Street kid sports
Street Kids Page
So Small Net
World's Largest: Childrens organization
Second Largest: Childrens charity.
Learn Spanish - FREE: 4 our volunteers.
.Most: Volunteer Opportunities.
Cheapest: Online air travel prices.
|IT ALL HELPS|
|The worst sin towards
our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them;
that is the essence of inhumanity.
The Devil's Disciple by George Bernard Shaw--
The United Nations estimates the population of street children worldwide at nearly 200 million, with the number rising daily. These young people are more appropriately known as community children, as they are the offspring of our communal world. Ranging in age from three to eighteen, about 40 percent of those are homeless--as a percentage of world population, unprecendented in the history of civilization. The other 60 percent work on the streets to support their families. They are unable to attend school and are considered to live in "especially difficult circumstances." Increasingly, these children are the defenseless victims of brutal violence, sexual exploitation, abject neglect, chemical addiction, and human rights violations.